Saturday, March 5, 2011

Subdued Saturday

Gracious!!  It's already twelve-fifteen, and too late to tell you good morning.

I slept late (rare for me) and got up with pressing errands on my mind once I got breakfast out of the way. 

Then, my husband and I had words.  He had more words than I did, so I guess he won.

Next week,  I was going to have a surprise for you.  I was going to go up to the Bay Area, and visit Benjamin, our youngest son, and go to a recital  in San Franscisco.  Theo never did commit to going, and yesterday or so he bowed out almost entirely. Then I belatedly got on with Ben for last-minute confirmations of dates, etc., and it turned out that he wouldn't even be in town (Concord) until Saturday...I guess I should have gotten that little detail into my head before I planned a Wednesday departure....So, since I am sometimes a reader of Signs, I decided that the Signs were negative for this trip at this time, and donated my ticket back to the SF Symphony Orchestra.  Too bad, I was going to listen to Bronfman play the Chopin Etudes and tell you how he did.  I am sure I would have been kind.:)  I just love to watch  Bronfman play.

Also I was going to see the spring-time emerald green hills of the Bay  Area.  If there were such a color as  Blinding Green, that would be the name of that color.  It is unbelieveable.  And the oaks are almost black-green, and it's a glorious combination.  Something so wonderful from this little brought-up-in-South-Texas denizen, that color.  Ah well, perhaps next year.  If the Signs are right. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment