Monday, October 10, 2011

Blood tests, a bruised arm, and bean soup for lunch

Good morning, barely.
Up at crack of dawn, out to Kaiser blinded by the rising sun, to get my blood drawn to placate the doctor. I hope for generally better results than usual as a result of what I hope are better eating patterns. We shall see (and elucidate.)

It is nearly nearly noon and the bean soup is simmering on the stove. I made it hastily from a can of "small red beans",  water, onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil, and 1/3  eight oz. can of El Pato's Salsa de Tomates con JalapeƱos plus a small handful of that cooked brown rice that I told you about last night. 

I went out to the Tchr's Credit Union now renamed, to find that it was closed, fancying itself a bank and this day a holiday.  When Columbus Day rolled around and I was a kid, we were in school making boats out of walnut shells and (futile-ly) trying to float them across a sea of blue paper from Spain to the New World. Nowadays that concept is not popular but they make it even more important by making days off. Dumb.

So I went to the Marshalls where I bought a mouse colored velvet tam for my mouse colored hair, plus a thin white tee printed with exotic gambling motifs, plus a bunch of spices and things for the kitchen, plus two vegetarian cookbooks. Just a moment, gotta check the soup.

I shall let it "set" for a mo, having added a dash of chili powder and a grind of black pepper, then eat it with a toasted tortilla. Then I shall nap, for tonight is the Book Club and off I'll go to Martha's for a good time even though I did not like the book.

Book Club Report tomorrow. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment