Sunday, October 16, 2011

Churchless Sunday!

Yes, it was a churchless Sunday.

I was reared to go to church whether I would or no, so I miss it when I do not go.  But have spent years entire not going...so it must be old age that really impels me to go now.

Today there was a "run" in the park, and when there is a run, parking is impossible because people come from near and far to take all the parking places at six a.m.

Theodore and I went out to eat breakfast at a nice restaurant in Chula Vista because I forgot to buy bacon yesterday when we went shopping.  He's gotta have his bacon.

The restaurant is the Trattoria Italianissimo, right on Third Avenue.  It is a beautiful, tastefully decorated restaurant. It started off about a year ago with high ideas and high prices. A year of suffering has brought about changes.  All restaurants are trying to lower prices now and to serve less food.  The great thing about this restaurant is that it serves real food.  And the food was served by a waiter dressed in black pants and white shirt just as if it were evening...And there was a blindingly clean and white tablecloth on the table. Thank goodness I spilled not one crumb for once.

We sat in a bright window table.  We had coffee, and Theo had bacon and eggs. Plus toast and butter. And a tiny thin circle of orange slice and a tiny sprig of parsley on the plate.  I had lemon-ricotta pancakes with butter (sparsely spread by me) and the tiny thin circle of orange and tiny sprig of parsley. Over my pancakes was sprinkled a dusting of grated lemon peel and a thin dusting of powdered sugar.  Another plate came with dish of whipped butter, dish of raspberry jam, and unidentified bottle of syrup.  I ate 2 of 3 pancakes, plus the slices of orange and sprigs of parsley from my dish and Theo's. And raspberry jam.  My, how delicious it was.  The whole thing including generous tip was $25.00, and well worth it.  In a lower genre restaurant the meal would have been closer to $15.00 plus tip, bringing it up close to $20.00 anyway. And no delicious home potatoes to bring home, and no white tablecloth and good waiter. So...bring it on.

YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment