Thursday, November 17, 2011

Demise of a Giant, Illustrated

Good afternoon. The tree, in most respects, is all down. It has been a whale of a job on a whale of a tree.

My sister asked me what it would be like without it. I do not know yet, for only the seasons will tell us what it is like not to have it looming over our back area and dropping leaves, twigs, mini branches, and threatening us with imminent collapse when the wind blows. Jose the tree man seemed to think it was about to drop a lot of big limbs too...and you should have seen those limbs. As parts of the tree were removed, more were revealed, twisted, doubled back, hanging down and leaning on other limbs, leaves dangling, whole portions dead...it was scary, but it is also sad to see such a big thing reduced to dust.  I am happy to say that its children are residing in a couple of pots in our yard, and that they will be planted out there somewhere in the lower forty,to grow to glory, and to terrorize the owners perhaps fifty years from now if they are not given some care. Now, the pictures...I should be able to get a few on if I am careful, without blowing this whole dang thing away. YAZZY

No comments:

Post a Comment