Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No Cousin Coming

Hi, folks.

That headline's right. No cousin is coming this weekend.  That freak snowstorm that hit the northeastern US this past weekend hit his town in Connecticut, and brought enough disturbance in his property that he decided not to go to his conference in LA, and, by extention, not to come to see us.

I accept it, but I am disappointed. I know he is too, because he is Family, and Family wants to know Family as much as we can when separated by miles and years as we are.

Well, today is Nov. 2nd.  Halloween was day before yesterday, now, and we did not have the large throngs of little kids from Mexico that we have had in years past.  The costuming was just as great, however. It's incredible how much people are putting into garbing their kids at Halloween. 

In fact, we had very few kids at all.  Theo and I closed down about an hour earlier than we usually do, but nobody was coming around anyway.  We had bales of Bad Wicked Candy left over. I wrapped it up, tied it up, and added it to a pile  of stuff I put out for the AmVets to pick up today. So, I'd say that Halloween was a dud. C'est la vie.  Another year....

Today Patricia and I played the piano. I gave her a vegan lunch of bean soup, slaw, guacamole, and home made tortilla chips.  Very delicious.  The doctor (whom we saw yesterday) has instructed Theodore to eat a wider variety of foods, so our menus will be looking up if I can make him eat some of the stuff. And I will continue to make meat patties for him. Tonight: baked potato, sweet potato, last of the slaw, and--who knows? Maybe baked carrots. Zzzzz....but good. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment