Saturday, November 26, 2011

Wow, what a Thanksgiving!

Gracious.  It's been a long time, baby.

Ben cameth and broketh my computer in attempting to clean it. I am glad he did for have now a better computer. I hope. It is a Toshiba laptop and would be good if I had a lap. But it functions well on a desk as well, and I am learning to use the little rubbing-board instead of a mouse. I learnt all this several years ago when I had a little mac but thought I was doing the right thing by going back to an HP desktop. Not so good, not so good. So I shall attempt to adapt to change.

Theo's story is that after a couple of days, instead of sending him home, they found a new heart arrhythmia which was more serious and different from his usuall atrial fibrillation.  They wanted to do an implant, an ICD, which will control the beating of his heart.  In the meantime they had given him enough intravenous Lasix to enable a race horse to win the cup, so he was feeling perkier than he has in a long time. (Still not very perky.  But less like The Mummy in demeanor,)  They did the operation at one am on Thanksgiving morning, and we took him home in late afternoon, arriving here in time for supper.

We had our belated Thanksgiving Dinner on Friday, and I was able to put forth my batty idea for a small scale meal, in which the entire meat section consisted of two roasted wings flanking a big pile of stuffing. It did look funny and tasted delicious.  In the stuffing I put celery, onion, garlic, and orange pepper all chopped up...oh, and a fistful of frozen corn kernels.  Oh, how yummy it was. I used Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing as the base, and I did not stint on the butter.  A photograph of the "bird" should appear below if I can find it and get it onto this page.



We are all thankful that Ben was here as it was a very stressful time. He leaves at twelve thirty today, and I will eerily be left alone with my Bionic Husband, to watch over and care for. Yikes. I wasn't cut out for a nurse, but we do our duty, bite the bullet, and man up.  In a week or so, Theodore should be feeling much better than he has for the past couple of months, and I will put him back to butler duty.  No more yard man, though. We are getting a gardener. Love to all, YAZZY

No comments:

Post a Comment