Monday, November 21, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

Good morning. Twenty four hours I was on here ready to talk about something important, I can't remember what. I had to stop everything though, and write out my church pledge, and then remembered that I had not paid the church for November yet...so did that, and then on and on...I didn't write my blog.

When I got home from church, Theodore was just sitting on the sofa. He was completely winded, having just taken out the bag of trash to the bin...and was worn out and winded.  I found out he had not had his breakfast, so I made breakfast  for us. (My 'second breakfast')...and as we ate, I talked to him about going to the ER as he'd been ordered early in the week, but he would not. Said he would think about it on Monday, but I told him that we would be expecting the arrival of Benjamin on Monday and it would be better to go to Kaiser NOW and get it over with. So he agreed to go and we were out there by eleven thirty.  I left at three with him still in the ER...he'd been ordered to stay overnight so they could get a handle on what  was going on with him...and were searching out a room for him.

He waited for three hours AFTER I left, in the ER, before they got him a place. I had to nag and beg for him to get something for lunch about two...and they finally got  a drink and sandwich to him.  They are not ill-intentioned, but they just forget to honor the request that  they realize is perfectly reasonable to make. His blood sugar was 55 or so when he got the food. No wonder he is weak.

Anyway I came home to a big wind and a ferocious rainstorm all evening long, but when I got up at five thirty this morning all was calm.  Let us pray that Theo had a good calm night and will be able to come home today. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment