Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Vegan Breakfast and a Vegetarian Second Course

Good morning.

I had a delicious vegan breakfast today. I toasted a tortilla, and as it lay on the gas flame I opened and mashed an avocado, added a dash of vinegar and a dash of pink pre-historic salt, and finally put it all together and ate it.

It was great, but not enough. I am vexed at these Walmart avocados, though I should be honored that they are close enough to their antecedents to be small and have strings. Yes, strings!  After all the homage I have paid to strings, I should not be offended at having to take them out.  But it's like anything else--I am lazy and want no trouble.  It was a pretty tasty little avocado, though, even though there was little meat after I removed the strings and black spots.

After I ate that delightful vegan breakfast, I found myself ready to eat something else as I fried up Taterton's bacon and eggs, so I took a "waffle" out of the freezer and toasted it up in the toaster, spread on a little jam, and ate that too.

I can tell that my innards are all roiled up from indulging in Halloween candy (though moderately) yesterday.  It is really strange that just a few days on the vegan idea of eating sharpens up one's body so much.  So the indulgence in Halloween candy becomes a penance of Halloween candy. Who'd want to punish herself enough to eat it? It is really nasty. 

The Hershey Corp. is getting a lot of negative publicity for having moved its production lines to Mexico, where child labor is supposedly employed in putting out those strange-flavored little bars which bear little resemblance to the Hershey bars of my childhood. This ends my association with Hershey forever, and that includes a lot of candy bars, folks. In fact, all of them, as practically all the makers of US candy have moved "offshore" to Mexico, including Brach's, makers of Candy Corn and Indian Corn, which also don't taste much like they used to.  The alien quality of those substances is pointed up to the maximum by the sharpening of one's taste buds as one cuts way down on animal products and tries to eat the natural plant foods that God instructed us to, back there in the Garden of Eden.

Of course, chocolate and sugar are, in themselves, vegan if anything is.  But--there is something wrong with that candy. It's too sweet, for one thing. Way over processed for another.

How long can I stay on this eating plan?  I do not know. When my cousin comes this weekend, I plan a wonderful chuck roast along with the beans and rice of the Divine Plan.  What if my cousin turns out to be a vegan?  Nah...he won't....but, surprise, one of my own sons is experimenting along those lines and finding remarkable results in the lowering of his blood glucose readings in a very short time.  Isn't that wonderful? And I did not nag.  He discovered it all on his very own. The best way. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment