Friday, February 25, 2011

Luncheon Out, Part Deux

Good morning!

Yesterday I did go to the nutritionist's luncheon.  It was a most enjoyable experience, partly because I got to participate with the story I told you on my blog yesterday. It fit in perfectly, and FINALLY, I got to tell how a doctor (and my mother!) allowed my pancreas to heal,  way back in the day in Tropical Brownsville, Texas.

We ate the lunch first because everyone was starving.  The food was brought up from Jimbo's, an area health food store with a great deli I can now tell you.  We had:  an enormous casserole with cauliflower, rice, cream sauce, cheese, black olives, and canned green chili strips. I would guess that both the cream and the cheese were soy products as I think this was a dairy-free lunch, as well as gluten-free and white sugar-free.  There was an Indian seasoning in this casserole which I guess to be turmeric.  Might not have been. Jimbo's won't give out the recipe, I heard in response to many requests. WOW that was delicious. Cauliflower is so miraculously filling and rich. 

We also had rice crackers,  raw veggies with a nice dip, chicken salad with grapes in a creamy sauce, and a green salad.  This was all good and nicely laid out on a buffet table in the back hall. The office is circular in layout and people could go in, help themselves to the luncheon, and proceed off to the right to the lecture room.  Oh, and we also had at the end of the table one of those large glass urns filled with ice and lemon slices and water, with a tap.  Nothing more refreshing than lemon water.

Then we listened to the tips from the presenter, a nice young woman who is in an alternate health care practice...She's like a Personal Trainer, but takes on all one's health issues and works with the patient to work out a program.  Her suggestions for us  involved, basically, getting familiar with what is out there to use, to combat sugar addiction.   I am not giving her name because I forgot to ask her if I could, but if anyone writes me on email yazzybel@aol.com, I will tell who she is unless she asks me not to.  I love it that young people are going into this field, providing vitally needed info to the Mc.D's generation.

The women at that luncheon were savvy and good looking. You never saw so many good complexions together.  We all swore by our interest and commitment to alternative health practices. What a shame it can't be paid for by Medicare, really.

The best tip I got was for alternate pleasures to gobbling down sweets.  I'd never thought of stimulating one's own serotonin by using rocking motions with your body. Apparently our brains respond to any alternating back and forth movement. Even knitting, she said. I wonder if typing counts?

There were other highlights that I may tell from time to time. Right now, I'll just say that going to the meeting was a very good thing.  Tomorrow I am going out on a limb and write about How to Write a Poem.  See you then and hasta mañana. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment