Sunday, February 20, 2011

Poor Humpty Dumpty

Good morning!

My sister and brother in law came!! What joy!

This morning we got up at six to watch their daughter and her children get baptized at Exciting Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, FL.  Drat it, due my techno ignorance, we couldn't get it.  My sister got it fine--in San Antonio.  An un=replaceable moment missed!!  I am crushed.

Also, yesterday when alone in the house, going from garage/pantry upsteps to kitchen with glass jar full of flour plus two other items in my hands, I stepped into a misplaced dogwater crock, spun slowly and wildly trying to get my balance and footing, and slowly and surely foundered myself upon the steps, finally landing on the very bone of my formerly broken wrist that is misshapen from that long ago former fall.  Spent a few seconds ascertaining the damage and summoning the little angels who attend my mishaps, and I was okay. I got up with nothing but a very red wrist and some sore bones in the lower part of my body to tell the tale. The glass jar and other items went spinning off onto the kitchen floor without breaking. Lucky. Thanks be to God.

In the night, I got up groggily and was rushing madly to the bathroom when I came up short against the bedroom door, which my husband had closed unbeknownst to me.  OW!! What a blow!  I felt a gush of warm liquid from my nose, hurried to the bathroom and found that my nose was bleeding and watering copiously...and it hurt like heck too. But I twisted it about and figured out it couldn't be broken (tho I have never really known what a broken nose actually is), went back to bed after taking an aspirin, and snoozed contentedly the rest of the night.

Moral of the tale: Senior Citizens, always look at your feet, not at your goal.  This rule is inimical to my style of life, but I know that I must observe it at all times...falls are BAD for the elderly.  I was very lucky yesterday, twice.  If bad things come in threes, was the incident with the motorcyclist no. one, or is there a third thing yet to come? EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL and watch those treacherous sr. citizen feet. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment