Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There has to be a Morning After....

Good  morning!

That line up there is meant to be sung lugubriously, I guess.  This morning the only thing feeling lugubrious is my digestion.  Eighty-one year old ladies should not be scarfing down huge portions of meringue, cream cheese, whipped cream, marshmallows, and berries at night.  However, I slept well, thank you.

The book club meeting was fine, though my little living room was cramped. Well, it will be so.  I think thirteen people came, and all found a place to sit down.  The difficult (to me) book was beautifully presented by Jean.  There was a lot of discussion  and many people really loved it.  The members appreciated and guzzled down Gloria Ferrer's Sonoma Brut, Longoria Vineyards (Los Olivos and no close relative) pinot noir, sparkling pear juice, and a lot of water.  They noshed on See's Bridge Mix and some almonds that I had sprayed with a little olive oil and lightly salted with Premier Pink Salt.

Then came the dessert. A number of nice people helped me to part out that giant pudding, put it on plates, ladle the berries over, and serve.  The Berries on a Cloud dessert was much appreciated.  For my part, I do not wish to see it again. My liver just quails at the thought of it.  Keep me away from whiteness.  The leftover berries are in a sauce pan, and later this morning when I regain me sea legs, will be cooked up with a little tapioca to be used as a topping for stuff.  I can't even think of that, at this moment.  We also had de-caf, but I don't want to think of that either.

In a session laced with very little conflict, John Banfield's The Book of Evidence was chosen as our next selection.  Several books that centered on women and women's lives were passed over but that's okay. I will happily read the book carefully and expound on it next meeting. March 7.  Somewhere .

This morning a flurry of emails containing photographs that my archivist-search-hound sister has turned up have been popping onto the email screen, prompting memory and much  re-hashing of the past.  Very nice. I am almost tempted to go back onto the round robin, but not yet. Not yet.  Hasta mañana....YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment