Monday, January 23, 2012

First Day of Meals on Wheels

Good day.

At eleven I arose from my sick bed to the tune of the doorbell. TATERTON, God bless him, was lying asleep at my side.  I am telling everybody we are like the little dog and cat in MUTTS, lying there hibernating the winter away.  Seems like it anyway.

A nice man named Bill, or William, I forget which, came to deliver my food.  We sat on my sofa as he expressed the hope he'd not catch what I've got, and I concurred. I don't think he will.  Asthma is a development and is a result of lots of things. Plus, I am still on the Kefflex.  Bill is an administrator of CV Meals on Wheels.  He is not the person who'll be delivering my food every day.  He just came to collect the $35.00 and get my signature on the dotted line.

It sounds like a good deal, with lots of flexibility built into it. And that is excellent.

After he left, I called in Theo and we opened the goodies.  I split the hot dinner onto two dinner plates, and there was enough for two if they were not very hungry.  We split Veal Marsala (only I did not tell him it was Veal or he wouldn't have eaten it), mashed sweet squash of some kind, and some rather over-cooked broccoli.  We split a carton of fruit juice.  Verdict.  Edible.  Just barely in many respects, but EDIBLE.  If we were in dire need, we'd be thankful to have it.  And as is it is, we are indeed in dire enough need to be grateful not to have to plan for another meal today, as they also provide a cold supper. In this case it is a tuna salad sandwich, two lettuce leaves, three grape tomatoes, and a cooky.  Oh yes, also a little dish of applesauce.  We already had the cooky and the applesauce, so that leaves us the sandwich and lettuce and tomato for dinner.  More than enough, and the tuna sandwich smells good. It is in the refrigerator awaiting its hour.  Lots of fun, this. Nobody ever brought me a lot of food before for practically nothing.  Nice charity, it is.  Everyone should contribute to it. Means a lot to seniors.  I don't care how much you have to spend on your meals, how easy would it be to get a decent edible meal from any restaurant around here for any price?  Well, Trattoria Italiana is good...but there's the end of it and they wouldn't deliver.

For breakfast Theodore was too forlorn to make food and I was too wheezy, so I sent him to the McD's to get McBISCUITS as they are good when fresh, but of course he got it wrong and came with Eggs McMuffin and sausage.  Groan...So, VIVA LES MEALS ON WHEELS. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment