Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Suddenly Better

The Meals on Wheels food must have cured me because I am better today.  It's evening of Tuesday and I have about four more Kefflexes  to go.  After that: cured.

Last night's sandwich turned out to be chicken with herbs, not bad at all. Theo ate his without complaint, I am happy to say.

Today's food was thus. A pork pattie with BBQ sauce, succotash, and a green which I think is mustard greens.  It was all tasty, a step up from edible.

Also got a little dish of canteloupe.  NOT EDIBLE.  Those prepared concoctions of unripe fruit should be banned from human consumption.  We all know what a good melon is, I hope: soft, sweet, astringent, velvety, juicy.  Those squares that purport to be canteloupe  and often honeydew are not melon.  They are NOT. Boo.

Also got a little dish of chocolate pudding, very small, very thin as to cream in the mix, but not bad at all.  And tonight we had sandwich of some thin, thin cold deli meat, which I guess is --I don't know. It had a thin rind of white fat like ham. Anyway, it was delicious. Bravo.  And there was lettuce and celery.  And fruit juice.

I went to get my hair washed and cut today, and stopped at the grocery store on my way home, bringing some snacks.  I had some potato salad to eke out my MOW supper. Might as well judge it too--it was OKAY, no more.  And more expensive than MOW by far. I am glad I feel better at last. 

Lungs are not healed by any means.  A man came from the furnace place, and here is the plan.  Next Tuesday, ducts of furnace are cleaned out.  Next Thursday, furnace company comes and changes all the vents into the rooms, and puts in as a separate unit beside the furnace, an air purifier of medical grade. Yes. Expensive but worth it if it does me any good. Huzzah. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment