Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well Enough to Know Better

Good morning.

Yes, I am better. Still coughing.  Still lungs congested.  Still asthmatic and wheezing from time to time.

But definitely better.

I finally took the bull by the horns and ordered out Meals on Wheels...I guess I always thought that they were for other people.  Now we get to have some.  I realized that the hard thing about the wife's being sick is that the husband, trying to recuperate, himself, is way put upon to come up with things that she wants to eat.  Who knows what M.O.W. will bring? They will start tomorrow, and I'll give you the full report, starting with the lowest acceptable rung, "Edible," remember.


Theo has refused  to join in but this will be a good start for us to see if we like them. They will bring a hot lunch, a cold snack supper, and a drink. I figure that between all that food split between two people, we should be able to get by. If we are hungry at night we can always open a can of Campbell's Soup.


That picture up there is a grim reminder of how we look when we are eighty two and have no recourse to the artifices available to us like lipstick and hairdressers.  I remember how my dad's face, as he grew older, seemed to slide gently downward below the eyes...leaving him with a long upper lip. I see that same upper lip on myself,  giving me a gentle reminder always to smile like everything in photographs. But why not show the truth sometimes too? Well, it's all the truth anyway, isnt it?  Grim, and smiling like everything anyway. Love, YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment