Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

Good afternoon, all.

Today the MOW came promptly at eleven, a nice man and wife.  I didn't get to meet them properly as Patricia and I were playing the piano and it was a bit confusing but I finally answered the door, and Theo came in, or vice versa.

The meal was Beef Burgundy, with noodles, and peas and carrots on the side.  VERY delicious, I thought. Theo got 80 % of it as I 'd planned to eat a quesadilla since I was making Patricia one later.  Some very small plain cookies came on the side, plus the usual mystery sandwich, some canned fruit, and a little cup of potato salad.  I will love the sandwich and potato salad later on.  Theo does not like potato salad so he will get his half of the sandwich plus whatever he can scrounge out of the icebox.

After Pat and I'd played for an hour or two, I was plenty tired of concentrating after lounging about for nearly 2 weeks. When she'd left, I took a nap, and when I was picking about in my nightstand drawer and found another Kefflex just in time for my one o'clock dose. I guess that is it and that they are all gone by now.

It strikes me that I have not talked about reading lately. If my eyes were not so terrible I'd read more, but I find that it is the quality of the literature that really makes a difference.  I tried to read Black Coffee, by Agatha Christie, a novelization of one of her plays. Just couldn't make it. But took up The Master, by Colm Toibin, and am sailing forward, engrossed. All it takes is good stuff. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment