Friday, June 29, 2012

Benjamin Is Coming!

It sounds like "Valdez Is Coming," by Elmore Leonard.  That is a very well-written book, by the way.  All students of writing should study it, in my opinion.

Anyway, style aside, the plot of the book is that a lot of folks are in a heap of trouble, and Valdez is coming to save the day.

I am sure Ben doesn't think he's coming to save the day, but we have a heap of trouble here and are hoping he can solve some of our problems: broken cell phones, lost car keys, non functioning computer printer, inability of computer user to navigate the web to a sufficient extent to be effective, need for a light on the back patio that will come on when bad guys are creeping up in the night,  advice on re-financing house, advice on abandoning ship and going to an old folks' home, --well, you name it.  We Need Help.  And we are not ashamed to say so. The time has come.

Yesterday we spent all afternoon at Kaiser, where my husband Taterton received a permanent catheter in his bladder, plus a bunch of trauma to the bargain.  I was only the onlooker in the gang but I think I was more traumatized than he was.  We had not expected any such procedure.  I already had a sore back and really hurt it bending down and holding Theo's big feet off the floor and putting on him his giant heavy shoes so that he could stand. What do nurses think 83 year old ladies are made of?  Anyway by the time I sank into my bed at eight o clock last night I was screaming with pain. Fortunately for all of us, I got a pretty good night's rest and woke this morning feeling much better.

And the official patient? As usual, the one who's officially the sick person is only half of a pretty non-functioning couple of wrinklies.  It is creepy.  Obamacare won the day yesterday, but why don't it feel better??? YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment