Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Things Written that Never See the Light of Day

Sometimes I wonder.

In the light of , "If a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody around to hear it, did it make a sound?"

I don't know who voiced that thought, but I do think it's profound.  But I still don't know the answer.  Did it make a sound or not?

People write all the time, and some write a lot. Some get picked up by publishers, and some do not. If one writes and writes, but the words never see the light of day in print, did they write anything at all?

I guess I am feeling a bit plaintive about the fact that I have written so much and published so little. Virtually nothing, in fact.  I have sent things in since I was a little girl of seven.  That didn't get published either. No question, that fact influenced my ideas of the value of trying to get published. I guess I was too easily defeated.

Anyway, I do keep writing.  I would try to self-publish but I don't seem able even to get a handle on that.  My mom called me a jellyfish, and sometimes I think she was right.  Transparent and amorphous, not quite all there...write? Write what? I don't see anything......  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment