Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blogging Again


Good morning!!

Just because you can't properly send pictures, Linda, it doesn't mean you can't write.  So write.

I don't like it when blogs contain big time-gaps, so will try to put something down today. Even though I am not in the "mood."

Today's Wednesday, the day when friend Patricia comes to play piano with me.  I just called her to see if she is indeed coming, and indeed she is. She hadn't gotten back to me after I called yesterday to check with her, so I wondered.  She said she's been "errant."  We are all so errant nowadays; it is the times that have us running cuckoo I think.

However, I on the other hand have been able to get some things done with my stuff, preparing some bags to give away and some to store for my "forever home."  I find it easier to put away books, for example, if I think I'm laying them aside for some future when there will be more room in a house for them than I now have.

Today for Patricia's lunch I shall serve vegetable soup and a coleslaw made of thinly shredded Napa cabbage, nectarines, six cherries, a slice of bacon, lemon juice, and some Best Foods Mayonesa con Limon (orange lid). That's my favorite mayo on the shelves right now, and it's become hard to find. It has a distinctive and very pleasant flavor. I emphasized the six cherries and the one slice of bacon up above to show that some things are better put into salads in limited amounts, just enough to announce their presence.

I made the soup the other day, a variation of Weight Watcher soup of the cabbage and carrot variety with no meat and no fat to speak of though I did wilt the onion, garlic and tomato with a soupcon of olive oil.  The soup was not too delicious; the carrot was too pronounced or something, but today it has been sitting in the refrigerator and will have mellowed ( I hope) and I will simmer it for a while (also adding a nip of garlic powder to beef it up) to get it tasting good.I'll mince a lot of parsley to put on the top.
And we'll have small crispy ciabatta rolls cut in fourths and heated in the oven to eat our lunch with. It should be delicious.  

We are playing Jacques Ibert's Histoires today.  Everyone who can play piano should try them. Jacques Ibert was a master of orchestration and he manages the same in these duets. Subtle, sensuous, utterly gorgeous and amusing.YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment