Friday, June 22, 2012

Book Club Came


Well, thank goodness it 's over, but I had a wonderful time. I do love company!!
 
The living room looked beautiful and the temperature was perfect. I had regulated it all day by dint of opening many windows and putting on the new fan/filter system on Cool, (which doesn't refrigerate but does circulate the air nicely.)  The wind came in from the ocean through the windows all over which I had opened and it was nice.
 
 Almost got too cool so I turned off the system and just used the breeze from outdoors. Cat startled everybody by jumping in the windows and running around the room a few times but when I finally got him convinced that his place was OUT he stayed away.
 
I took pictures of the LR, and told Theo I can't understand why it can't look like that all the time...it was cool and pretty and shining in the lamplight and very pleasant. Only six people were present including me. I have been to meetings where there were only five but this was the first time I'd  had so few. I was actually glad as I was tired and nervous all day...but when the friends got here I relaxed and had a wonderful time.
M. critique'd The Sound and the Fury by W. Faulkner. M. is so well- educated and knowledgeable that it's a pleasure to hear her. I learned that I need to read The Sound and the Fury again. I am going to follow up next time with Absolom, Absolom by the same author.  My critique won't be as educated as hers but I hope I can say something worth hearing.
 
My blackberry tart with ball of peach ice cream was pretty good. And the coffee, Folger's ! was also good. The wines, a Louis Jadow pinot (good) and a Cupcake NZ sauvignon blanc (sour) were received as suited their qualities. I guess that is all. I 'd like to have them every week if that would keep the LR pretty and me happy. We are too sunk in solitude, Theodore and I. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment