Saturday, June 16, 2012

Brainless, or is it just Thoughtless?

Good morning.

I thought of two good topics I'd  like to address on the blog, yesterday, and the day before. But they have flown from my mind, as thoughts tend to do these days, so they'll have to await a return.  If it happens.

In the meantime, I'll just 'diary.'  That's what people did before they 'journaled'.

I ate out three times this week and still lost a fourth of a pound at the TOPS weigh in on Friday, entitling me to not have a leg cut off my yarn Octopus when the roll was called.  I cannot understand how I could have possibly lost one ounce, after eating fried oysters (four, breaded and wrapped in bacon), a square of buttered jalapeno cornbread, a very fat filled Caesar salad which was excellent, a huge bowl of thick rich creamy clam chowder, a hunk of apple pie with a huge blob of vanilla ice cream, two fried fish tacos with all the trimmin's, a large grocery store deli sandwich of turkey, avocado, and so on, capped off on Thursday with a large mayonnaisey lobster roll at Point Loma Seafoods--all eaten OUT this week.  And yet, eating all that plus my usual home fare, I lost four ounces.  I'll tell ye, there's more to this weight loss game than counting calories; no doubt about that.

Well, it is Saturday and we are preparing for the onslaught of the Book Club on Monday night.  I know what I am going to make; the slabs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese are already in the refrigerator and the lemons are on hand, plus the pecans and graham cracker crumbs  for the crust. I can hardly wait to lose some more weight!!!
YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment