Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally, it's breakfast time

I open with this statement: so far, I am writing every day. The other bloggers I read just write de vez en cuando (from time to time) so I may filter down to that schedule.

People in the papers, online, and on the radio are all prognosticating for the future. Here's what I prognosticate: For my generation, (really old)=fearlessness. For my children, in their forties or fifties=mindfulness. For my grandchildren=courage.

I read about the Virtues on some website today. Was surprised that Prudence has specifically to do with money. News to me. Have been imprudent in many other areas of life besides money. So, it is a lesson specifically to me. This year, prudent with my money, my spending.

Everyone is changing their furnace filters in my family today. Much robin email about filters, value of changing such, reasons for changing such. YES--everyone should go out and get a new furnace filter and change their old one out. Buy a pack. One of my brother in laws says to get moderately priced filters as it is better to change moderately priced filter once a month than super filter hardly ever.

To change the subject: Here is the recipe for the Bizcochitos [little biscuits en espanol ( I have forgotten the tilde symbol)].

1 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. anise seed......Cream all
Add 1 egg and beat well.
Add 3 c. flour and 1 1/2 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt.
Mix well, add 1/2 c. brandy.  Mix.

NOW, here's where I differ from the recipe. I DO NOT ROLL AND CUT any more. So, mass the dough up, put on plastic, form into roll or rolls depending on how large you want your cookies to be. Chill.
Then when you take the rolls out, cut small cookies (they wont spread much) roll in cinnamon and sugar mix (1/2 c. sugar, 1 1/2 t. cinnamon). Place on greased cooky sheet and bake for about ten minutes. They are simply delicious, brown and crispy on the edges. Texture is delicate, SANDY. They are true sand tarts. If this is what you want in a cooky, you couldn't do better. I frankly prefer my other butter cookies with baking soda instead of baking powder, but these are very nice. All for today, YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment