Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday

Time got away from us today. Neither of us slept well. Could it have been the result of the strong, delicious iced tea we had yesterday at the Marina where we had lunch?  That was the only thing we both had, and we were both restless and wakeful all night.

Then we got up. I made bacon and eggs. The bacon I made in the oven, but this time I relented and scrambled the eggs on top of the stove. That is the last I'll cook until the kitchen is declared by my husband as done, and IF I concur. There has to be a cutoff date, as the Book Club is coming here the first week in February.  That there will still be no working oven and no working dishwasher seems not to matter. My husband will have painted, and that was important to him. But I got green paint on my favorite yellow tee shirt today so--no more kitchen for me until--sometime.

Then he painted more, and I sorted out some papers. I hate to sort out papers. Then he wanted to go to a Vet's Thrift Store over in Lemon Grove, and we did. We had a Foster Freeze hamburger near the thrift store. fried up by a Chinese man who's taken over the stand from the American guy who had it for years. He made a delicious hamburger. The meat tasted good, not like mystery meat. Then we wandered around a bit  and found our way home by way of the Dollar Tree. After all that, I went by myself to have my hair done at Matty's. And that was all for today. I hope nobody's reading this. It's dull. Grrr. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment