Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tweet Saturday

When I first heard of twittering and tweeting, it seemed a perfect medium for my ADD type brain to manage. I begged my son Ben  to enlighten me and enable me in this pursuit, but was unable to coerce him. Thus, I remain a non-tweeter.

Had I succeeded, that first paragraph would have been the extent of today's offering, more or less.

Some days I have little to say, or, as in the case of today, I'm interrupted in the course of my writing and whatever I have put down gets blown away, a-borning.    I  was interrupted by an important need on my husband's part, however, to talk something out. Rare enough that he expresses that need, so I said, "Sure."

We talked about his driving. Specifically, some visiting sisters have expressed concern with it.  I feel their concerns are justified to some extent. To what extent? To the extent that I have concerns with it too.

Getting older isn't easy.  The Internet had about twenty suggestions, early this year, of possible age-related driving problems. I wish I had printed it up.  Now, as Theo drives I'll often say, "No. 12," or, "No.  20," as a laugh. The truth is that, if we really judged self and others on that scale, we would all go down like stones. Everyone I know makes driving errors from time to time.

To some extent, the fact that they get nervous if he's driving is their business. Nobody should have to ride with a driver who makes them feel insecure. It's a risky affair, being out there on the streets of Chula Vista, (read San Diego, Concord CA, Cedar Rapids, Brownsville TX, everywhere I 've been lately). People of all ages are speeding, veering, passing on the right, refusing to stop at stop signs, not to mention talking or texting on their phones or simply enjoying the effects of their favorite quaff. So Theo and I agreed as we spoke.

The relatives have spoken of  "caravanning," a low class way of getting about, it seems to me. And it is boring to have to "keep up," or "hold back," if someone gets away from the group.  But--caravan we shall.  Blow the damn gas costs! And the foolishness of the whole thing.  And if we all get there more or less together and in one (six) piece(s), hurrah!!!   It's okay with us.  Worth it to have guests and to have some fun.....YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment