Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Philosophical Question

Good morning.

This morning, I only want to ask:  Is the pleasure one gets from having a Katy Kornette worth the damage it does to one's body? (supposedly)

I had a nice breakfast of one piece of bacon, a bird egg's worth of egg, and 2 small Katy Kornettes.  Very delicious!!!

I eat the one piece of bacon sometimes on Wednesdays but always on Saturday, at breakfast.
And have decided on the one bird egg's worth of egg to be my portion, as when my ancestors were wandering through the woods I would have been lucky to even get one bird egg as my share, with all the men grabbing the nest and hogging down the contents. If they'd had an extra egg it would have gone to some nubile young gal anyway; an eighty three year old would just have to lag behind and try to dig up a wild turnip.

That turnip reference is, of course, to God's Little Acre, where that poor old grandma is literally starving, crawling around on the ground looking for a portion of turnip someone dropped.  I think of her often, nowadays, as I try to stay realistic about my place in the universe as a senior citizen. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment