Saturday, August 4, 2012

So Shut Up Alreaady

Good mornin'. 

One of my sisters just told me, "STOP obsessing about food, YAZZY!"   And this on the day that I was going to write about how I started cooking. And how I didn't start, as most of the others did, with my mama's cooking.

Well, I'll just skip that topic.  Though there doesn't seem to be much on my mind lately but food and death.  Of the two, food seems preferable. I'll try to go on to a less irritating subject.
Aging.

I'm getting older and I am beginning to realize that my face won't be the same face at ninety, should I live so long, as it was at eighty.  It certainly wasnt the same at eighty as at seventy.  Recently discovered snapshots prove that without a doubt.

My lower face is starting to pooch out around the mouth, creating a sort of muzzle.  Not an attractive muzzle either; sort of a floppy and (OLD) looking muzzle.

I knew a red-headed freckled faced long nosed gal who had a real muzzle-shaped face.  She was just beautiful and looked like a fox, a gorgeous face if it all comes together and hers did.

Mine won't.  It's like I said, a bit puffy and saggy at the same time.  And above it, (though shrouded in Aristotle Onassis wrinkles) my same little four year old's eyes looking out at the world.  Well, that is the deal of the cards.....I'll keep doing my facial exercises.

Now I ask you, isn't food better than this? I am closing for now, to eat a delicious lunch a la mexicana that is about to get ready on the stove. I may tell you about it tomorrow, and then, again, I may not. Love, YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment