Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting There

 This was the Old Testament lesson today at church:


Proverbs 9: 1-6


Wisdom has built her house; she hewn her seven pillars.
She has slaughtered her animals, she has mixed
her wine;  she has set her table.
She has sent out her servant girls,  she calls from
the highest places in the town, " You that are
simple, turn in here!"
To those without sense she says, "Come eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.
Lay aside immaturity, and live, and walk in the way of insight."

What a wonderful passage.  It spoke to me last night before I'd even heard it, because after a day  slouching around in the house so miserable because of the heat, I thought that from now on, if I had my way, I'd just live for music and for art. 

I'd build my pillars on them.  I'd get rid of the junk.
I'd tidy up the stuff.  I have no servant girls beyond my meager talents, but I'd send them out as I might. And they would tell those without sense of the wonderful life I had discovered. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment