Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Already

Good afternoon.

My, where did the week go? One day it was Monday, and suddenly...days are gone into thin air. I wrote another haiku but it was in the middle of the night and I forgot it.  I forgot to put a 'tag' on it when I was thinking about it.  If you can put a 'tag', you have some chance of remembering something.

At church on Sunday, three long-term couples are going to tell what made their relationships endure. Two are male-female pairs, and the third is a gay couple.  It might be interesting if they open up and tell the truth.

Nobody asked me and Theodore, who are possibly the longest lasting of all....if you count off-and-on.  I could tell them in one short phrase what makes a long term relationship : a short memory on both sides.  (It gets easier as you get older; we literally can't remember what we were fussing about just minutes earlier.)

I am making box lemon bars as we speak, here.  I could not resist the box, therefore we shall have lemon bars.  I was going to grate in fresh lemon zest and put in a few drops of juice but was too zonked from going out in car with HRH.  So they will be as Krusteaz hath ordained them.

I gained a pound this week because, after being terribly good for many days, I finally decided I couldn't go on without some meat. So we bought pork chops at Ralphs, nice plump ones, and last night I dipped them in s, p, and flour, and fried them!  And I made country cream gravy with the pan scrapings too!  And ate thereof!!! Was it worth it? YES.
YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment