Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday!

Good morning!

It's morning of a beautiful Sunday here in Chula Vista.  It's already getting hot, but it just feels good to me so far, as a change from freezin'.

As long as we can keep the air circulating and keep the stuffiness out I can take the heat.

Today the flowers at church were put there by the family "To the Glory of God and in Memory of Gregory Neff by his family."  They were not very pretty; he'd have preferred orange.  But--they were sweet and they were there.

At church, people were chatty. I ascribe that to the warmth in the air; even as Episcopalians we just could not be chilly.  My neighbor and I agreed that we both just hate applause in church. Fortunately neither he nor I ever get any.  But we hate it on general principles.  He even goes so far as to say he does not like air-conditioning in church (I'm not there.)  Today was a day that even St Paul's could have used some air-conditioning, but none there was, nor even a breath of air.  Was it always thus? Were the beautiful stained glass windows always fixed?  Guess so.

A long conversation with a friend who has lost many pounds of weight revealed that she has been on a diet to improve her cholesterol and she certainly did, losing more than twenty pounds in the process.  I need to do that.

Another friend who's long been absent showed up.  She is now an "intermittent" church goer she confessed. Last time I saw her she was practically propping up the cornerstones so I wonder what happened.  I did not get to hear it because I was discussing unseemly clapping as remarked above.

I skipped the Borum, I skipped a snack, and raced home to see if my errant mate had gone outside to perform forbidden acts of prowess and strength in my absence (such as carrying around large blocks of concrete, his favorite activity of late) but he was fine.  Though it was nine-thirty, he was just preparing his breakfast and he ate it.  Thank goodness I did not get there any earlier.  I think it is good for him to fix his own breakfast once a week if he will do it.  Yes.

So, on to the rest of the day.  I am going to go around turning on fans and when I have done that I am going to read the Sunday paper (5 minutes) and when I have done that I am going to finish reading my mystery novel...it isn't good enough to recommend to you but so far it's held my interest. Kind of.         YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment