Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stranded on the Moon

Good afternoon.  We are watching the Republican Convention, via the auspices of MSNBC.....

It is a long afternoon. Thank goodness the television is working.

Mr. N took the car in to be fixed this morning.  Patricia was going to be late to play, so I got a few things done around the house.  Nice to be alone for a bit.

Then Theo came home, dropped off by a car from the Witt Lincoln place.  Plunk.  "Where is the loaner car? " asked I.  "There is no loaner car; they will come and get me," was the lofty response from my liege.  Oh dear.

Patricia came and we played worse than we have ever ever played before.  Clinkers right and left. Why was this, I wonder? I mean, I know I am losing it, but P. isn't, and she hit a few clangers too.
She leaves tomorrow for a Michigan vacation and I guess she needs it, LOL. Pat this is a test to see if you read this.

NOW, Witt Lincoln has called to say that they will be picking us up tomorrow afternoon.  TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!! We are stranded on the moon.  I cannot go walk in warm water this afternoon as was my plan.  I cannot go to my exercise class tomorrow afternoon as was my plan. What is this?

Oh well, that leaves me to the computer and as luck would have it, the sisters are all on the outs and are leaving the round robin (collective emails) faster than you can say Mitt Romney. Or even Barack Obama.  Nobody will write.  We all have a beautiful new little great-niece to love and admire from afar, so soon I hope for repair to the information superhighway of our familial ties.

In the meantime, I have virtually nothing to eat. I gave Patricia a great salad with lots of baby wild greens (from a bag) combined with minced figs and sliced nectarines.  Oh how yummy. I gave her a soup made of chicken broth added to the leftovers from the chicken-noodle-rice side dish.....and it was pretty good.  We had thin crispy bread sticks with hummus.  And the cupboard is bare!! I was going to insist on a trip to the supermarket this afternoon.  As luck would have it, there's a ground beef patty waiting for mein mann in the refrigerator and plenty of cheese to put on top of it.  That's what he likes.  And I--there are lots of corn tortillas (aging), and I will have a quesadilla with some more of that field salad thrown into it.  It will all be good, here on the Moon.  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment