Saturday, August 11, 2012

Restaurant Report Cards

Good morning.

I think there ought to be and probably are out there, printed-up report cards for restaurants.  If I were making some (And I may do just that) this is what I'd put on them:

Dear Restaurant Owner:

I just had a meal at your establishment. Due to the varying quality of the food served at various places, I have made up a grading scale, easily interpreted, to judge the quality of your food presentations.

1 to 5 stars; 5 being the best.

Tonight I had:
Salad................2 (salad dull, tasteless, tacky)
Broiled  sirloin....2 (Ill prepared with a burnt dry taste and probably of poor quality beef)
Baked potato.....4 (Micro'ed but the best thing on the plate and the only thing worth eating. )
"Mixed vegetables"...3 (The carrot rings were hard, the summer squash pieces were perfect except for the parts of stem that were cut in with them, the wide green beans raw, the broccoli ok, the cauliflower ok but the whole thing was watery and tasteless.)
Those were the parts of the Sr Citizen Dinner.  Jimmy's used to offer as part of the dinner a dessert which was: choice of rice pudding, bread pudding, tapioca, jello or ice cream. These little desserts were well prepared and looked forward to. Now, it was jello or ice cream.  I had chocolate ice cream, and it was good.  I wanted rice pudding but, hah.
My husband had chicken fried steak (I tasted it and it had thick cream gravy which tasted like sausage meat) and he liked it. He also had cottage cheese in place of potatoes and the mixed vegetables.  He had the ice cream.  Instead of a salad, he had clam chowder which he wouldnt eat at home on a bet. I asked him why he'd ordered it and he said it is because it was the first thing mentioned.
Well, this is obviously too much to put onto a card so I am going to have to re-think the process.  But you people need to be judged. We paid over forty dollars when you add in the tip for this repast.  On a scale of one to five it was worth maybe ten. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment