Monday, August 13, 2012

Enchufame

Good morning.  Well, it's nearly noon, but still morning here in PDT.

I am waiting for a pan of ratatouille to come out of the oven.  Debating: shall I put cheese over it before I take it out?  As a vegan (!) I should not. As a person who wants to please the hubby, the answer is yes. Theodore likes cheese on everything.

I also have corn to boil but I think I'll make Theo cut it off the cob tonight and have esquite with it.

Oh, what does enchufame mean? Well, you know those little electrical outlets that adorn the walls of our rooms along the floor? Those are "chufas", and when you plug into them  they allow electricity to come in.  I'd never heard the word used as a verb before today, but was listening to Paquita La Del Radio today and the astrologist was trying to make a call and he said, "Ven, enchufame,''--to the operator. "Make the connection."  I thought it was cute.  The accent is on the u of course. (I put that for my monolingual sisters, LOL).

News in San Diego is that some rowdy young persons (though at least one of them is a mother, for God's sake) (leading one to deplore the state of the maturity of our youth)...anyway, 1000 of them trashed the sacred Lily Pond of Balboa Park on Saturday night/Sunday morning, breaking things, ruining plants, hurting and killing the sacred Koi.  I feel scandalized and heartbroken about that.  I feel like they should be enchufados themselves in the worst connotation of the word.  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment