Monday, September 19, 2011

Don't Like Doctorin'

If you don't like doctorin', it's best to go to an ER because your surroundings are at least entertaining as you wait for service and (to be hoped) attention.

The best place to go is to Kaiser Otay Mesa facility if you live near there, because they have a mini ER setup there that functions from noon till eight.  You walk in just as at the big one in faraway Kearney Mesa at Zion, but your wait is not as long and people are not as depressed. Or, if they are, there are fewer of them and the weight of negativity is not so much.

I went in and signed my name onto a paper, then sat. They call your name and you go up and pay.  Then you wait for the attendant or nurse who takes your vitals and then you go into a bright and very clean emergency area with  beds in a quadrangle around the center desk area.

The doctor came, the doctor pronounced, and the doctor went. His name was Garcia and he looked at me with a cynical eye and I looked at him with the same.  (Soulmates).  He sent me to x-ray, got my foot soaked, and sent me to pharmacy with instructions to come back tomorrow. 

The pills are large, turquoise blue and (according to the papers that come with them) possibly lethal.  Well, c'est la vie.  And as the Mexican replied to the Frenchman, Yo se la vi tambien!  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment