Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spirit

I wondered today what the difference is between myth and mythos.  Figured that mythos is just a fancy way of saying the same thing. Got no definitive answers from the Google, but one article that came up said that "myth" is the words and "mythos" is the whole thing about Belief. And ritual is the acting-out of mythos.

All that mixed up thinking (on my part) is a carryover from the pubescent moment when my mind took a detour.  It's the same reason that I could not learn algebra, presented for the first time at about that same age.  Too bad it didn't all work out better. I would be one smarter woman.

But Spirit, as well as mind, lay back untapped and quiescent ever since that time too, until a gradual sort of awakening in my 30's lifted me out of the quagmire of the quotidian and gave me permission to intuit and feel and even think.  I still can't do algebra or any of its  followers.  But can do any number of other things, such as interpret dreams, for instance.  And if you can interpret dreams, you have a handle on much everyday behavior, I've found, as most people are operating in their sleep to a large extent anyway.

Jungian psychology gave me a large entree to the access of personal skills beyond the range of charm school or computer classes.  But I don't operate on Jungian psychology. It was an entree.  After you learn to swim you do not have to consult the manual when in the water.   I have been in the water for some goodly amount of time now.

I was going to write this post, when I sat down, about how to make a bowl of delicious instant gazpacho from scratch. So where did this posting come from? I can only think, directly from Spirit.  And now I can spend some time thinking about what Spirit  may have had  in mind. Or not..............YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment