Friday, September 23, 2011

This Has to be Quick

Good morning~

This has to be quick because my bath is running. Perhaps I should just leave this suspended and come back later. Ok, will try it.

Well, it is still here, and I am still in a hurry. But at least will have touched base.

Yesterday afternoon I had to go to the dentist while he laid before me the plans for his retirement. LOL. Just kidding. He put no pressure on me, made suggestions only. I shall probably take him on the cosmetic ones. LOL.  First things first, no?

When Theo and I returned to the house from that venture, we were greeted by Kitty Blanko who burst out from the back of the house and dashed out the door. My heart always sinks when a cat is in the house alone. I will not be a slave for cat-boxes, so it is always advisable to keep cat OUT when it is not in kitchen under your scrutiny. I don't even know how he got in, but in the night, I discovered why.

As we were turning out lights to take our serene elderly slumber, I heard an unmistakeable little noise under the bed and in the half-dark saw a dark scurrying little motion from under the bed. OH NO!  It was a mouse, which Kitty Blanko had brought in  to us in gratitude for all the food we are putting out to him.

Theo grumblingly got up and set up a Chinese mousetrap (with great difficulty, they are the pits)...and we awoke to find the cheese eaten and the mousie still at large. I just hope he doesn't like meat.

It reminded me of long ago when Theodore and I were in a hotel room in Mexico City. It was a NICE hotel. A POPULAR hotel with tourists.  I kept hearing noises, loud noises, in the dark.  Turned on the lights and--Lord! There were RATS!  Not mice. Rats. Big ones. Sitting on the suitcases. Lounging on the chairs. Going around looking for something.  The lights did not go off for the rest of the night, and when morning came, we got outta there. Horrible.

With that cheery picture, I shall leave you now. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment