Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well, I skipped Wednesday

Good morning!

Maybe I'll have time to write a bit before I have to make breakfast. If not, this will be short!

Let's go back to Tuesday morning, the beautiful, cool, showery morning.  When we went to the store at about ten, it was raining and cool enough that I wore a light rain jacket.  When we came home, the rain stopped but it wasn't for an hour or so that I noticed that what little air that was getting into the house was HOT.  How could it be hot, after such coolness? We haven't had heat like that for months.

Well, it was and is hot right now. It was as if a big ShopVac hose had come down and sucked every bit of rain and coolness out of the universe and had left us oppressed under a saucer of pure heat.  Our house hates heat, doesn't handle it well. I've spent the last two days going around opening windows (as Theodore is a window-closer.) and it is difficult. Hard on my osteoarthritis.  "I'm swallowing resveratrol as fast as I can!"

Yesterday Patricia invited me to go up to her house to play, and I grouchily refused because of the heat. Then I reflected that it would be cool until noon, so why not go and enjoy  myself? So I did and was glad I did. Her piano is different and pleasant to play upon. It was good to be in her airy house again.  We had an enjoyable time playing. And she fixed me a wonderful lunch of Gouda cheese melted on artisan bread, plus lentil soup.

By the time I got into the car to come home, the heat had settled in again.  We are just lucky to have coolish California nights (Thank you, O Great Pacifica!) so that we can sleep and wake refreshed in a cool morning.  So had a great Wednesday after all, though I did not blog about it--until now. 

That picture up there is of my Angel Trumpet flowers. They start out yellow and quickly become apricot colored. Just beautiful. I have another plant, baby of this one, that's planted in the ground and is eight feet tall and glad to be out in the world.  I 'm still waiting for the lady who owns the old eucalyptus tree that's ruining our back yard to bring the thing down. Then about eight plants and trees will go into the ground. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment