Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday is the Day

Good midday!!

I frittered my time away today doing things like write email, talk money, and creep around trying not to have the vertigo.

So far the vertigo is not too bad this time. When I got to the TOPS I found that two other women are having it today, confirming my theory that our government, OR El-Qaida, are spreading viruses around for us senior citizens to catch.

When I weighed I had lost a pound, so regaled myself ,when Theo drove me home, with a Long John Silver's lunch--two pieces of fried fish, a few French fries, and two balls of what they call Hush Puppies. The fish--not bad, very crispy and mild tasting. I brought it home and doctored it with lemon juice, catsup with Mexi-Pep added, and sauce tartare (provided by Long John's). And I went to my garden to get a sprig of parsley and served it all up still hot, on a china plate. The ff's were not bad but I never eat very many anyhow as they are not my weakness.  And the Hush Puppies, soi dissant, are just awful.  Took two bites, one as bad as the other.  And the drink was sickeningly sweet Dr Pepper which I dumped and re-placed in a tall glass with ice water.  Not a bad lunch then.

That plant up there is an Angel's Trumpet. I believe it is a member of the Nicotene family and is just beautiful.  I'll never forget the first ones I ever saw, in La Jolla, in my piano teacher's yard. His were white. Those flowers are huge.  My plant has flowers of a yellowish color when they come out, and then they shortly turn to pale apricot pink. They are all droopy and darker by the next day, but they are just stunning. I have two of them, one in a pot that struggles every year, and one that I put into the ground which thrives.

Yesterday son Benjamin sent me flowers for Mother's Day, which he does nearly every year.  He sends them from ProFlowers, and you'd think I'd know the procedure by now: how to open them, prepare them, put them in the water in the vase provided. But I always mix up a bit. Anyway now that they are safely opened and relaxing on the coffee table, they are a charming mix of pinkish red asters, pink carnations, Peruvian lilies in a lavendar shade, and some white snowdrift blossoms.  I took their picture this morning and you shall be seeing them when I get them on the computer. Love, YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment