Sunday, May 29, 2011

TODAY is Sunday

Good morning!

Yesterday I thought it was Sunday when I wrote my blog, but it was Saturday. All the rest was OK.

We went to supper last night at Earl Abel's, a wonderful old San Antonio eatery.  Every time I am there I remember the time I drove alone into San Antonio at eight p.m. in the dark in the driving rain, and was disoriented and didn't know where I was for sure...I saw the lights of Earl Abel's there on my right in its old location, turned in and sat at the counter to eat a wonderful bowl of homemade vegetable soup.  It was heart-warming.

I had a bowl of that selfsame soup last night and I also had a glass of white zinfandel, and some crackers and butter. Nabisco crackers in San Antonio are better than Nabisco crackers in California.  Then I had a huge piece of white cake with white buttercream frosting (half of which is in the refrigerator), and a delicious cup of coffee.

Yesterday sister no. 5 took me to a "Crafts" Mall and I was enchanted even though I am not a crafts person per se.  I bought pot holders, a pillow case, a silver plated pitcher, and a toaster made into a lamp.  Today we'll go back so I can see the rest of the place.  Yahoo.

Theo is feeling better so I don't know what we'll do from here.  Note to remember for the future.  Do not travel or undertake business over the Memorial Day weekend . Hasta manana from YAZZYBEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment