Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26 and Days Have Gone By

Good morning from San Antonio, Texas!

This has been a strange journey.  Bet you thought I'd say, "Good morning from Cedar Rapids, Iowa!" That is what I thought I'd be saying.

In the first place, my husband was so ill and goony when we left that I didn't even think we should be making the trip.  I myself felt exhausted.  The first night, when we were going to be cutting off north from Phoenix, we spent in Tucson instead with sister no. 3 and husband.  The next morning we were going to proceed to Las Cruces NM to cut north from there, but about an hour out of Tucson our right rear tire went flat.   We were between Benson and Willcox and the Angel of the AAA came out and changed our tire for the donut. There was no proper tire in Willcox so the advice was to return to Tucson, which we did. Two nights were spent, but on Tuesday we headed out for--San Antonio.  Our exhaustion and his disorientation made me still reluctant to proceed in any direction, but we decided to avoid the 67 tornadoes swirling in the midwest and just come over to Texas to get some business done and to visit sisters nos. 2 and 5.  So here we are.  Theo just took the last of his Cipro, thanks be to Goodness.  Perhaps he will feel better now that the medicine is finished!

We are enjoying the balmy air of San Antonio, and, both here in SA and in Tucson, there were the soft calls of hundreds of mourning doves to listen too in the mornings.  I love the mourning doves.  I love my homeland, I guess everyone does. There's a wonderful aroma of Mexican rice in the air. It's nice  to be here.  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment