Thursday, May 5, 2011

Groan

Good morning!

That's my hair up there seen from the back in August '09.  Since they stopped dying their hair my sisters have (nearly) all been taking pictures of the backs of their heads to show how beautiful silver can be. Of course, I never colored mine.  My hair grows too fast and I am thrrrrrifty and wouldnt want to do it as often as necessary.

I put Groan as the title to this posting because, as I woke up this morning, I felt that loony blissful feeling that accompanied my bad vertigo attack two years ago this past February.  I was in Brownville lying in bed in the Rose Garden Motel, turned over, and immediately seemed to be floating over backwards on a huge -scale turn. This was very frightening as I'd never had any such feelings before.  I could not raise my head all day.  It got better as time went by, but the vertigo did not completely go away until seven months later when I signed up for a Yoga class. After the first session, the vertigo was gone, never to return, I hoped.

I know now that it's possible it will return, that it is already lurking inside my head waiting to revive itself to its fullest power.  I did some simple body twists upon arising (in a seated position) and seem to have staved off the worst for now.  We shall see.

Today we are going to Kaiser nearby to get glasses for the Taterton. (Glasses smashed due to Saturday's fall.)  I need an eye exam too but think I may just wait till after Cedar Rapids; glasses could not be made in time even if the appointment were today and that is very unlikely.

Everyone I know is a little bit under the weather. I think the government is spraying germs out of planes or hitting us with electronic beams from HAARP up in Alaska.  There's just too much of it going around.  If it were only we wrinklies who were showing the effects I'd think it natural. But I can't tell you how many younger (age of my kids) people who have said to me recently that they are having (memory, balance, recall, strength,sleep, general health) (pick one) (or two) issues.  How can this be explained, other than something in the air?  In the water? In our food?  Is it the telly? I dont watch that much. The internet? I do watch too much Internet; I simply love it.  But gotta ration it for a while, says the Purple-Garbed Physician.  I'll try.  I'll try. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment