Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday after George

Good morning!

That is the beginning of a sketch of crotons I made on the computer. I don't know why  I never finished or refined it.  I love crotons now. 

When I was a child, I hated all red or multi-colored leaved plants. I don't know why but the deep peace of green leaves really soothed my soul.  Now, I love colored leaves and the grayish plants, that stand out in three-D in a landscape, are favorites.  I have another croton sketch that will turn up sometime. It's also unfinished but more refined than that one above. I did it with paints.

Well, I did not go to St George's.  I have rarely skipped it over the years, but yesterday I was feeling fatigued so I made the last of my sandwiches, took them up to the church, and said adios.  Theodore and I went to Anderson's Nursery, where I looked for the tomatoes "Caspian Pink" and "Mortgage Buster" which were touted by the paper on Saturday.  I found neither one but did buy "German Johnson,"  hoping that German means pink, and "Fireball," which I hope is the tomato brought to me by a friend some years ago--huge and red and very tasty.

I decided that my purple-attired mystical doctor is telling me: Eat Less. So I did, was good all day until eating ice cream after dinner.  But did feel somewhat less fatigued from eating small amounts of food during the day.  It is nine thirty now and I just had a half of red grapefruit sweetened with a little maple syrup, so I hope that keeps me from feeling famished at midday and tempted to eat too much.

Last night Osama Bin Laden, the famous, was captured and killed in that order,(I guess) and dumped into the sea.  All that is very mysterious.  When I hear an announcement like that with all the newscasters jumping for very joy, I wonder at many things. The timing. The circumstances.  The details: why buried at sea, of all things?

When things are going on: the shuttle launch, the royal wedding, with all their hullabaloo which is mysterious enough in itself--I always think : There's another thing. There will be a third thing that is now hidden. I could not imagine what it would be. Now I know, it was the capture and killing of Osama. You know they've known where he was for ages. Come on.

Perhaps I am too big for my britches, commenting on national affairs.  That's OK, you may tell me so. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment