Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Feeling Better


Good morning! 

I feel better than I did yesterday.  But I think I still have the virus or whatever it was that made me feel so tired, and blue, and dizzy, the last few days of last week. I never think when I feel that way, "Hey--you're sick. You need to go to bed and sleep."  But finally I did and I feel better for it. When I woke up this morning I actually felt like getting up and making breakfast.  Am tired again now already, but that is OK.  It's an improvement and I am going to go back to bed.

I 'll finish reading The Last Coyote, by Michael Connelly.  It's a Hieronymous Bosch book, and I hate serieses..seria...serials...Theo looked it up in the dictionary, series is the plural sez Webster. I don't believe it. Anyway, serial books with serial detectives are so boring...the author assumes you know all the cute quirks of that hero and are going to say (as I say when I see Mrs. Lynde again in the Anne of Green Gables books, "Well, there's good old Mrs. Lynde, chuckle chuckle,")  ,    " Oh goody there it is...that cute quirk. Now I know it's good old (blank)". Grr.  However, M. Connelly is a very good writer and his character, though quirky enough for quite a long series of books, is interesting.

It's a good day to go back to bed. Gray and cold. Duh. I didn't make enough of the beautiful beautiful days we had last week (when I was breathing deeply and taking in viruses)...but they were wonderful.Wonderful not to need warm warm comforters at night, and to be able to wear shorts and short sleeves about the place without getting gooseflesh.  Isn't gooseflesh the most horrible word. (Word for the day.)

That sunflower was in my garden two years ago. I like the multicolored ones. One year I planted a huge flock of Martha Stewart Italian White sunflowers--my favorites. But the dark ones are very good too.  That bed now has my sages and parsley and thyme and arugula. I also planted chard but think it got washed away when I watered. Should have started it in a pot.  I am wondering if I should turn up a lot of that area and let it rest while I'm gone to Cedar Rapids and points otherwhere. The arugula is tall and bitter and tough.  The sage that bloomed so beautifully should probably be cut back and given a rest...the parsley is going to seed and its leaves are bitter too...needs a haircut and a rest...I have those new tomatoes in pots, lots of flowers, no fruit. Perhaps Don the housesitter will have a nice little bonanza. Or, bonzana, as Greg used to say when he was a little boy.

Off to the tub and the bed and the book. Ahhhhhhh!!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment