Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Music Day

Good morning!

Don't I wish that tomato above was growing in my garden right now!  That's an immature Brandywine as you can tell be the shape.  That was my best tomato year so far, and it was about three years ago.  But it is too early here for tomatoes that big.  They are all blooming away and I am probably not going to get fruit-set until we are gone on our trip.  I must warn the housesitter to keep an eye out.

I read that tomatoes need nights above forty five degrees in order to set fruit.  We have perhaps had a few of those lately due to our very warm days--but maybe not. Those covers still feel very good at night as they do all year and that's why we like to live in California.  Thank you, Pacific Ocean.

Well, I face another playing day without an ounce of practice.  I shall pay for it but the bad part is that P. must pay for it too.  She is very active musically, playing with and for people all the time at her church, so she comes with an enormous backlog of preparation that I frankly am just not matching these days.  Not anywhere near it.

Yesterday I guess I did not listen to my purple-garbed Inner Physician, for I must have just eaten too much all day.  By bedtime I felt miserable, hot and fat.  I was dragging.

 I think I will try that minimal diet that I have a hard time keeping to:
Bkfst is one egg , one toast, one orange, black coffee.
Lunch is clear consomme, a salad with no oil, one toast and a glass of skim milk
Dinner is: 4 oz protein, carrots, green beans, diet jello, and a glass of skim milk.
I can keep to that for about 2 days but on day 3 am starving. But my P-G Dr is staring me in the eye and I think I'd better try.

I have ordered The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock from Amazon dot com. I am sure I have it around here somewhere but have reached the point where it's easier to order it out for one cent than try to find it.  I think the book club might be ready to do some poetry, In fact, it would have been a good summer choice...all the books or assignments(!) for summer would be poetry.  Last  year it was detective stories but I didnt like that although I like some of them.  Once when it was my turn I prescribed that everyone bring a short poem and tell about it...I thought it was interesting and went very well, but nobody has asked for a rerun of it.

Well, now that I have rambled long I must take my bathy and wait for Patricia to come, full of hope that the playing will go well. Ah, well. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment