Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday May 19

Good morning!  
There is my hosbon (as one of my cousins used to term hers), wearing a cute cap with his name on it that I found at a thrift shop. Turns out "Neff" is a big manufacturer of sports clothing and so forth in the Midwest. 

My husband seems to think he is feeling better; is showering up and getting ready to show me that he is ready to leave on Saturday.  He is going to have to do quite a bit of convincing.  Well, we shall see.  It's the Cipro pushing him forward, but he thinks he feels good.  Maybe we'll go to Tucson first so that if he konks out we can roost there.  My sister and brother in law no. 3 will be surprised.

No, he has this ambitious plan to charge up into Utah and so forth, so that if he (or I, who knows?) should break down we'll be in a conveniently unfamiliar and unattended place.  I have always been okay with letting him do what he will in the long run, so shall let him do as he wants.  This morning though I am going to make one last stab at choosing a flatter more southerly route up to Cedar Rapids...

My bag is not packed but is ready to be packed. The clothes are folded there on the guest bed beside the suitcase.  I have a bag just for the motel nights and drive days on the way over.  The Cedar Rapids clothes are in the suitcase and I have enough for QE's visit to Ireland.  Then after we leave CR, back to the drive clothes and the stuff in the suitcase will go for TX.  Climate differences and changes are a problem.  Ordinarly I'd be able at this time of year to eschew warm clothes, jackets and shoes--but we are not in ordinary times weatherwise.  One has to be prepared for anything on any given day.  It is a problem. Not problematical, just a problem.

I am hearing about possibility of the USA's going on the gold standard again.  A gold-backed currency.  Lord knows we need something stable.  If we should go onto a gold and silver based money system, doesn't that mean that the ounces we already may own will become more valuable still? Or will they be worth less?  I get confused.

For breakfast I had rice chex, blackberries and milk like Flopsy, Mopsy et al.  It is such a delicious treat that it 's a wonder if there is any nutrition to it.  Maybe the nutrition is negative; one's not getting sausage or bacon fat, nor cholesterol of the egg.  Whatever, it was good.  Love to all, YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment