Friday, May 20, 2011

One Day to Go

Good morning!

That's me, last Saturday, taken by my friend Frances when we were lunching at Cafe 21 in North Park.  I wanted to see  how much I've aged in a year.

I look as if I weigh more though I weigh less. It's that short haircut perhaps, though I like the cut.  Well, it is normal  to look a year older. When I was in my mid seventies I thought I looked pretty good and decided that the appearance of old age might not be so bad...now that I am in my early eighties, I realize that nothing is stable.  If I should survive to the age of ninety, I'll look different.  Especially if something drastic happens to my teeth....well, we shall see. I am already planning a new hairdo for 85 and after, if I do not change it before.

Cafe 21 is an adorable little out of the way place somewhere in NP.  I don't remember where because Frances was pointing the way.  Frances knows all the hip places to eat because she has younger relatives that eat out all the time and have introduced her to the finer things of life.  At Cafe 21 Frances had the PLT (P is prosciutto) and I had some good crepes.  All around me people were being served up with delightful presentations.  It was a Saturday morning and very loud as young working people seem to have to drink with brunch on their day off, and it does influence the sound level in a tiny room.

My clothes are packed.  I knocked the whole kaboodle to the floor before closing the top, so can only hope I got everything back in. I have supplementary kits for make up, vitamins, medications of the OTC type for every possible digestive contingency, and the big one that I'll take in at the motels.  I went to the health food store yesterday to look for a small size container of dry skin cream, but all those organic cosmetics were very expensive so I refrained from purchase.  Too bad; my skin is dry as an old blotter. C'est la vie (see paragraph two.)

I am so truly depressed by the loss of the dogs that I am glad to get away and think about something else for a while. Don the house- sitter will have almost nothing to do.  But Theo wants him here for a Presence in the neighborhood.  Our house is neighbored on one side by the clinic with come-and-go personnel  but on all the rest we are very vulnerable to  interlopers, should they get it into their heads to interlope.

Today we have a very busy day ahead of us, so shall sign off for now. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment