Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday con Mucho Mexicano

Good Good  Friday. Today we are going to the airport to pick up our youngest son, Benjamin. We're looking forward to his visit.  (Computer problems, LOL).
Today we went to the Gonzalez-Northgate Market (Gonzalezes bought out the old Northgate chain in LA) (and now it is all Gonzalez and hardly any Northgate, LOL)
I got chiles en adobo in a can to make that sauce from the web I sent my sisters this morning (i think) and canned tomatoes, and came home and made the salsa; it is delicious.  Also got a leaf of nopal to fry with eggs in the morning, and a tiny carton of huevos de codorniz (quails)...they were over due on date but I came home and boiled them anyway for Easter...they are so cute....and lots of pan dulce...it is so fun to shop there, it is huge, and the trumpets are playing Mexican music at full blast the whole time and you feel as you have been in MEXICO....and bought pepitas...I also bought a bottle of Bronco Agave, which is a cough medicine that you take at your own risk but my bronco's need it....and bought watermelon cubes and Mexican Limes and think that we will always go to that market now as the produce is cheap and they have so much stuff you cannot get anywhere else except in the land of La Muerte.. 
That is an excerpt, above, from a letter to my sisters.  I am making a big pot of frijoles.  And have a huge new package of warm green tortillas de maiz y nopal...We are prepared for the holiday! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment