Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Piano Day

Good morning! 

That's another maguey up there, painted on the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets, on the door, rather.  It is good to paint on the insides of cabinets, or closets.  That way your mistakes won't be too obvious, and you'll get a happy surprise when you open the door.  You can do the same--with lemons, say.  They are easy, a bright yellow oblong with brownish stem and bright green leaves.    It is the fashion now to take the doors off cabinets in the kitchen; I have been doing that for years as I like things out where I can see them and grab them easily, but I still have a few doors left to paint on.   I'll be sticking to blue magueys for the sake of unity, (and love), but if I find another door in another room...why not lemons?  Why not olives?  Why not figs?  I'll do it.

Patricia will come today and I will garble through my part in our duets.  I have not touched the piano for many days, except for yesterday when I desperately struggled with some simple familiar Mompou for a few minutes.  My left hand is becoming increasingly weak.  That wrist broke badly a number of years ago, and I think repair now would need an operation.  I thank my stars that it has stayed pretty good as long as it did.  Anyway, not practicing is not the way to fix it, I know.  And now there's a detectable weakness in the whole arm.  Pity.

When I went out to get the paper on Friday morning, I was entertained by a long chain of melody which went on for several phrases without its ever repeating itself. I didn't need to look up on the wire to see who was entertaining the world. Of course, he wasn't thinking about the world, he was thinking of getting a wife. Yes, it was Mr Mockingbird, "The American Nightingale."  He's out there singing away right now. With a voice like that, it's hard to believe he is not already settled down and building a nest with his lady close by to work with him.  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment