Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday to Las Pilitas

Good morning!

That isn't a native plant up above--it's a cultivar.  But I like it, and will put a better picture on later with its name (which I can't instantly call to mind.)

Benjamin had a good idea!  We are driving up to the Escondido area, to go to Las Pilitas Native Plant Nursery.  There are two of those and one of them is in Santa Margarita, and one here.  I'm excited to be going there.

Ben loves and respects the California Native Plants and is trying to have his yard totally landscaped with them.  That is not easy, for most of them are twiggy and scratchy-looking specimens in my view.  And they are erratic and hard-headed as to when (and if) they will burst into bloom, --or even into leaf, some of them. As he is flying, he won't be able to take home anything he finds and wants, but I shall suggest that he bring it here where it will rest comfortably until one of us makes the trip by car.

It is sunny enough outside for us to leave the doggos in the back yard (I'll leave them with an extra food treat to keep their tummies happy) ...but the air is, yes, you guessed it, cold. I am wearing a soft cotton knit jacket but think I'll also take my trusty Eddie Bauer coat that I've had such a long time. It's only cotton poplin lined with fleece, but it is really warm and comes in handy when you need it.

I boiled those little quail eggs that we bought yesterday at the Gonzalez-Northgate, but they seemed so rubbery when I tried to unshell them this morning that they turned me off.  Unappetizing, but I am taking a picture of them in their cute little carton. 

Theo bought me a beautiful Easter lily last night when he and Ben went to the Target. I lazed at home with the dogs. I am not good for much at night any more, but tonight I believe and hope that Ben and I will go to the Easter service at eight p.m., and have a look-in at the reception afterward.  Then tomorrow morning I am exonerated and maybe we can go eat blueberry pancakes somewhere...  Hasta Mañana, everyone, and have a wonderful Easter. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment