Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nordic Saturday

Good morning, everybody!

That's one of my dud serrano peppers up there.  They are a beautiful shining bright green when they begin to mature, then they get blackish, and at last are a beautiful shining red.  Too bad they are deceivers.  I almost pull the plant out every week, but it is brave as well as blatant and I just let it go. Maybe it will pull itself together and make a pepper of itself.  Not.

Today I am going to lunch at a hotel in Mission Valley, guest of my friend Janet. The luncheon is the Sons of Norway annual luncheon.  Nice to be invited. We got a choice of chicken or fish and I chose fish. It's halibut, and I respect halibut, a good hard-working ocean fish.  It's also Janet's birthday and I am taking a bottle of Canton Ginger Liqueur for her delectation.  I think Janet is seventy two years old, which makes her ten years younger than myself, a fact I never thought much of when I was young--but now, that ten years is looming up as quite a big number.  Is it not? When I was seventy two, I was MUCH younger than I am now.

Yesterday I had a hairdresser appt, lay down to take a little nap or read, slept through the appointment time and never even thought of it until I was eating my dinner.  How could that be?  That's never happened to me before.  My hairdresser, Don, was good enough to take it in stride and let me come in this morning  at nine thirty.  So I am shortly off to get my hair done.  Then rush home to be picked up for the luncheon.  I feel like a queen. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment