Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Thursday

Good morning!

That's another, perhaps slightly less happy, maguey on the inside of another kitchen cabinet door.  I was going to add a lot of other things onto that one but never yet got around to it.  I may yet do it.

Yesterday when Patricia came to play I made her a light and delicious salad for her lunch.  I used iceberg lettuce (yes, yes I know but I love its crispiness), celery,  thin sliced toasted almonds, and blueberries, with a very light dressing made of raspberry vinegar and safflower oil and salt.  And I tossed in some thin strips of the pork tenderloin we roasted for Easter, plus some thin strips of deli-type ham. It was very good.  As she was going right to the dentist after leaving me, I did not put in any onion or garlic at her request, but then she ate some of Theodore's Havarti and some of his salami!!!

As I made the lunch, Patricia took out her autoharp in the living room and played and sang the song she's going to perform for the talent show at her church this weekend.  Charming.  She's also going to accompany some other people when they sing. I love this kind of music-making. Amateur. (Loving, is the translation.) People who love what they are doing.

This morning Theodore and I are going out to do a little shopping and then we will come home and get to work.  Since we are going to Cedar Rapids on May 21, I am sorting out things to take or not take.  Books are my main thing. I am taking my dream books and my ghost books.  Shall I miss them?  I don't know.  I do know that as I take them from the shelves to put them into boxes, I am constantly interrupted by little reading-sessions.  But, I feel it's time.

We have a beautiful sunny day. I carp so much about the gray cold weather that I feel it's incumbent upon me to say how gorgeous the weather has been lately.  Brilliant yellow sunshine most of the time. Clear air. Birdsong.  The bowwows are cast outside this morning to make their way in the back yard as best they can until we return at lunchtime.
All will be well. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment